Easy Flip Parking Lot Signs - Parking Lot Open/Parking Lot Full
As low as: $141.19
Visitor Pass Registry Book
As low as: $69.23
SetonGlo™ Marking Tapes
As low as: $62.51
First Aid for Life Kit
As low as: $9.52
Safe Attitude Herman Posters
As low as: $23.03
Custom Shop Floor Control Cones
As low as: $5.74
Shadow Board Tool Tape
As low as: $27.86
Datalogic™ Gryphon Bar Code Scanner
As low as: $27.23
Custom Decorative Edge Signs
As low as: $36.33
Notice Signs - Drivers No Texting, No Talking
As low as: $19.94
Don’t Slip On That Banana Peel
Posted on April 6, 2010 by Shannon
One banana peel, a little water, a little oil here, a dash of sand there … no these are not the ingredients to an unappetizing desert, but rather the ingredients to a potential injury. Each year hundreds of workers slip, trip and/or fall on the job. I just takes a moment for an injury to happen, so it is important to keep an eye out for misplaced items and potential hazards. Here are a few tips to keep in mind…
- Be sure facility maintenance crews are prepared to react to weather conditions and address concerns before they become a hazard.
- Consider using slip-resistant strips on steps and stairs
- Wear footwear with lug soles that are thick and designed with deep indentations to improve stability and traction.
- Be sure slip-resistant floor mats are properly placed and monitored for rolled or frayed edges and over-saturation of liquid and/or dirt and grim.
- Consider using absorbent mats near ice machines, water fountains, sinks and other areas where liquid can accumulate.
- Be sure to inspect ladders for loose or cracked rungs and remove those from service immediately
It’s important to take the time to improve your workplace conditions now to help prevent injuries later.
Have some tips of your own? We’d love to hear them. Please share them by adding a comment below.