- Galvanized Steel Breakaway Sign Posts are easy to install by placing the 3'L base into the ground and sliding in the 6', 8' or 10'L posts
- When Breakaway Posts are hit, the inside posts break away leaving the bases in the ground
- To replace Square Breakaway Sign Posts simply slide a new post into the remaining base - no digging required
- Galvanized steel posts have 3/8"Dia. holes spaced 1" apart and can hold signs on all 4 sides
- Breakaway post kits include the base, post and connecting hardware
- Base, posts and connecting hardware are also all sold separately
- Drive a minimum 30" piece of 12 gauge Telespar (anchor) into the soil until only 1-2 inches are left exposed. For a 2-piece anchor, use an 18" piece of tubing for a sleeve, one size larger than the anchor. It is advisable to drive the anchor and sleeve together making sure the holes are aligned.
- Attach the sign to the post at the desired height using drive rivets or bolts.
- Insert the signpost, which is one size smaller than the anchor, approximately 6-8 inches into the anchor base.
- Bolt the signpost to the anchor assembly with a corner bolt.
- When installing in concrete use a pneumatic hammer or concrete drill to break through the surface, the anchor assembly is driven to within 1" of the surface to allow attachment of the signpost. If flush installation is desired clearance should be recessed on two sides to clear the bolt for signpost connection.
- To install in asphalt, drive the anchor assembly through the blacktop into the subsoil from ground level. Once the anchor is through the blacktop; use the same instructions as for soil installations.
Select options above to see specifications.