Choosing the right rainwear can be overwhelming for some, but it doesn’t have to be that way. To help you in your decision, here some points that you need to consider:
1. Disposable or reusable? Disposable rain coats are portable and offer more mobility, while reusable rainwear are more durable and have a greater resistance to breakage.
2. Visibility? High visibility PVC rainwear are a plus in rainy conditions where visibility is dramatically reduced outdoors. You can opt for a solid hi-viz colored raincoat or one with reflective striping for added visibility.
3. Cold Weather. Working in cold and wet conditions can be dangerous. As such, make sure your rainwear for cold, wet conditions offers thermal insulation.
4. Flame resistance. Workers that come into contact with high heat or flames are not allowed to wear material that can melt or drip when exposed to heat. Make sure your PPE apparel is both flame-resistant and water repellent.
5. Maintenance. Reusable rainwear needs to be cleaned after use to remove dirt, water and grime build up.
Having the right rainwear while working is important to meet safety regulations and protect you from the harsh outdoor elements. So whether you are looking for a hooded rain coat or other PPE apparel, you can find it here at Seton, your trusted brand in safety products.