To make sure email gets delivered to your AOL inbox, you must add the email address or corporate domain of the sender to your Address Book or Custom Sender List.
- Click the "Spam Controls" link on the lower right side of your inbox screen.
- When the "Mail & Spam Controls" box appears, click the "Custom sender list" link.
- Choose the "allow email from firstname.lastname@example.org option.
- Add the domain or email address you would like to receive mail from, then click "Add"
- Click "Save"
AOL Web Mail
If using AOL web mail replying to an email from Seton will also work.
Email from that domain will now be delivered straight to your Inbox.
If you're not receiving email you are expecting, there are two things you can do:
- Use the "Not Spam" button in your Bulk folder.
- Create a filter to automatically send email from certain domains to your Inbox. This is the only way to really ensure delivery.
Report as "Not Spam"
- Check your Yahoo! Bulk folder
- If you see the email from Seton, highlight it and click "Not Spam"
- This does not guarantee that your mail will be delivered in the future, but it does help.
Create a Filter
- Click "Options" in the top right navigation bar
- Select "Mail Options" from the list that drops down
- Choose "Filters" located on the left side of the page
- Click the "Add" button on the Filters page
- Choose the field you want to match in the incoming message. For example, "header" or "to".
- Choose the criterion by which you want a match to be made, such as "contains"
- Enter the text string to compare. For example: from Seton
- Choose the destination folder to which you would like the message delivered. For example: Inbox
Hotmail Live, Windows Live and MSN
In the new Hotmail you must "Mark sender as safe" to enable hyperlinks even in text emails and images in HTML emails.
Entering the email contact in the address book or contacts no longer whitelists the sender
To ensure messages from specific email addresses are not sent to your Junk Email folder, you can do one of two things:
- Check the "Junk" folder if you do not see the Seton in your inbox
- Click the "Mark as safe" link
- Add email@example.com to your Safe List
Mark Sender as Safe
Attachments, pictures, and links in this message have been blocked for your safety. Show content
Seton firstname.lastname@example.org - Welcome to Seton
From: email@example.com You may not know this sender. Mark as safe | Mark as unsafe
Sent: Thu 6/14/07 12:00 AM
- Click "Show content" to view the body of the email if it contains images and HTML
- Click "Mark as safe"
- Seton will now be added to your list of "Safe senders"
Manually Add to Safe List
- Click "Options" in the upper right corner of your Hotmail screen
- In the Body of the page under "Junk e-mail" click the link "Safe and blocked senders"
- Click the link "Safe senders"
- Enter the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click "Add to list"
To make sure email gets delivered to your inbox, you must add the email address email@example.com to your contacts list.
- Click the drop down arrow next to "Reply" in the upper right side of your inbox screen.
- Click the "Add Seton to Contacts List" from the list that appears.
- You will now see Seton appear under the link "Contacts" on the left side of the page.
- Click the link "Contacts" and the in the "Search Contacts" form field.
- Now you can select to move Seton to a contact list of choice and edit any details.
- Click on the [Save Address] link at the top of this message (it's next to From Address).
- For the field titled First Name, please enter Seton
- Then click Save Entry and you're all done.