These digital resources are also available for Tags:
OSHA has specific compliance regulations workplaces are required to follow in order to provide a safe and healthy workplace. Here a few compliance guides in regards to Safety Tags to keep on hand.
Seton’s Safety Tags:
- Fire Extinguisher Inspection Tag Regulation: (view printable PDF here)
- OSHA standards dictate that all portable fire extinguishers used in the workplace must be maintained and inspected regularly. Specifically, the fire extinguisher or hose must be vertically inspected monthly, and subjected to an annual maintenance test. In doing so, the employer must record the annual maintenance date on a tag and retain this record for one year after the last entry or the life of the shell (whichever is less)
- Accident Prevention OSHA Tags: (view printable PDF here)
- Under OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard, employers can use either the ANSI standards from 1967-1968 (ANSI Z53.1 and Z35.2) or from 2001 (ANSI Z535.1, Z535.2 and Z535.5) for safety signage. OSHA standards require employers to use accident prevention tags to identify hazardous or potentially hazardous conditions, equipment or operations.
- Scaffolding Tags: (view printable PDF here).
- According to OSHA, an estimated 2.3 million construction workers, or 65% of the construction industry, work on scaffolds. Scaffold-related accidents account for 4,500 injuries and over 60 deaths every year, resulting in $90 million in workdays lost. Most of these scaffolding accidents can be controlled with the use of scaffolding tags.
To Learn More About Seton’s Tags Selection:
Buying Guide for Tags
Compliance Guides for Tags